Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

WiFi dropping in and out

Hi my wifi signal has been very poor over the past month or so.  Every time I use the service checker on the website it tells me everything is fine, but I am having to log on using mobile data on my phone to check it.

Have had an engineer out twice, first time 3 weeks ago, he checked everything, tightened up connections and said everything was fine.  It worked for a few days then slowly but surely the same issues started to reoccur.  Second engineer came on Monday and said it was basically an overuse issue, due to everyone being at home, which I can understand, however it doesn't help when I cant use my broadband.  Yesterday I had to restart the hub 4 times and restore to factory defaults twice which resolves the issue for a short while then it drops out again.

My understanding, from what the engineers have told me, is the system is slow because of overuse, however that should not cause the wifi to drop in and out so frequently.

I think i just need a new hub but can't get to talk to anyone at Virgin to explain the situation.  I don't need another engineer to visit and tell me the network is overused.

How can I get Virgin to send out a new hub?

Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi dropping in and out

What hub do you currently have?

Do wired connections drop at the same time, and do all the wireless devices drop at the same time or is it sporadic how they drop?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3.0, not sure about wired connection, we only have wired to CCTV and can replay this so I assume that works fine.

Seems to be everything is affected, mobiles, tablets, laptops and TIVO boxes, couldn't say whether it is all at the same time but it appears to be

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Seems like a lot of people are having the same issues.  Maybe we should all just put our direct debits on hold and see what they do.  I bet they have furloughed most of their staff, probably unnecessarily, to save money and use COVID-19 as an excuse for their poor customer service!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Well a. you can’t hold a direct debit only cancel it, and b. doing so will lead to late payment markers on your credit history that will be visible for 6 years. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos