Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

WiFi dropping every 5 to 10 minutes

My Hub3 WiFi drops every 5 to 10 minutes (rendering it useless) even with only one device connected.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi dropping every 5 to 10 minutes

If wired is fine then you can get your own wireless router with 1Gb ports and use the hub in modem mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

How many of us having the same issue does it take to combine and escalate?!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@linda71 wrote:

How many of us having the same issue does it take to combine and escalate?!

Please wire to your own thread. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Laanizare, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your WIFI looked into, I am sorry you're having this problem. 
I would like to ask a few questions and get you to do some things so we can try to work out what the root cause is. 
Have you done a WIFI scan with the Connect App? It will attempt to find any black spots in your home, if it does it may give you further advice on how to fix it.

I also have a link here which helps with troubleshooting intermittent connections, please have a look.

When a problem does occur, are there any lights on the HUB that could indicate a problem? 

I have already taken the time to look into your services on my side, but cannot see any outstanding issues. So please let me know how you get on with the information above.
Thanks,
Megan_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Megan,

Yes, I've used the connect app.

I've reseated all the cables.

Restarted the hub numerous times.

Factory reset the hub twice.

It'll run for about 5 to 10 minutes then stop broadcasting, then begin again in about a minute. Some network-attached devices won't automatically connect either once it comes back up, so you can imagine how well that goes down in the house.

There's something definitely wrong with the wireless transmitter in the hub.

I also tried calling for support, was on hold for an hour and then Virgin hung up on me! Then I realised that they've charged me almost £10 for that, which I want back!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The 0345 number is charged at normal local rates and is free from 99% of landlines and mobile phones.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Laanizare,

thanks for coming back to me about this, and for following my advice and instructions. 

I am sorry that none of those resolved the issue, can I ask what occurred when you used the Connect App to do a scan please? 

Do you already have a booster pack to help with low WIFI signal?

Thanks, 

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello Megan,

It isn't a blackspot issue I have (I do have WAP Extenders) the issue is that the wireless signal stops broadcasting altogether and it appears that the card restarts. On some occasions, the green Wireless LED indicator on the Hub3 flashes both quickly and sporadically whilst the signal has stopped broadcasting.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Laanizare,

Thanks for explaining that for me, it does help to that information!

Okay, so as I don't have anything to go off within your services, I think it will be useful for us to see what a BMQ graph looks like and also do a speed test of your wired. This will give us some really good information.

BMQ test link here which I want you to leave running over the next 24 hours, keep your HUB on overnight too please. This will give us a visual representation of what your HUB is doing, it will show latency, packet loss and drop outs. If you read up on it on the website you'll get more info. 

Here is the link do to a Speed Test, if you can do it on your wired PC/Laptop it will give us a feel for how your broadband is performing. 

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos