Menu
robert070201
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

WiFi drop

Hi guys anyone having issue with the WiFi dropping at midnight the kids say they can’t game at that time 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi drop

Does it happen at the same time on ethernet cable connected devices and what do the Hub lights show/do when it happens?

VM often do network work at those early morning times that can cause customer disconnects for a short period. They usually only do it for 2-3 days consecutively though - how long has it been going on?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Does a wired connection also drop?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi @robert070201

Welcome to the forum page and thanks for posting this on here. 

Sorry to hear you're having some issues but I can certainly look into getting this sorted for you. 

Just a couple of questions, how is your wired connection looking? Does this drop out as well? 

Does it happen on all devices or a singular device? 

Is it the same time every night or are there more drop outs? 

Please do let us know so we can look into this for you. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
robert070201
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It seems to happen at exactly midnight every day I have never tried with a cable it would be to hard to run a cable from router to the areas affected 

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi robert070201,

I've been able to locate your account using your forum details, and although the hub itself looks to be within the specifications we would expect, it does show some WiFi coverage issues.

Can you advise if the hub is out in the open, free from obstruction? 

Our systems have identified that some of your WiFi connected devices are constantly located close to the Hub.

There is only a certain amount of WiFi capacity in any home environment, so the less devices connected to your WiFi, the faster it will be for the remaining devices.

Appreciate you've mentioned that you've not used an Ethernet cable previously, are any devices able to be moved closer to the hub in order to connect via Ethernet?

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
lotharmat
Well-informed
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@robert070201 wrote:

It seems to happen at exactly midnight every day I have never tried with a cable it would be to hard to run a cable from router to the areas affected 

You would only need to be next to the router with a cabled device!

You're testing to see if you lose all service or is there a problem with the Hub messing around with WiFi

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

0 Kudos