Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

WiFi drop on Hub3

Hi guys,

Has Virgin recently updated firmware?

I know 6 people who are on Virgin and their actual WiFi disconnects from the router every hour or so. It's fine via Cat5. This has started since the beginning of July. The location of my laptop has not changed (30CM from router). Other people in my property get disconnected at exactly the same time too.

Any thoughts?

Joel

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi drop on Hub3

Hi there @blink182_joel

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first ever post - sorry that you're having some issues with the WiFi currently. 

Have you managed to check to see if the same thing happens on a wired connection? Do you find that the hub reboots when the connection drops or is it just the WiFi that drops?

I've been able to locate your account from your Forum information to go through a few checks: We can see that it has been 107 days since the Hub was last rebooted. For the uptime, there are very few errors showing but a reboot is always the first check we'll ask you to do. Please reboot when you can and see if the issue is still happening. Allow at least 60 seconds before plugging back in. 

Other than that, there are no known area issues listed for your region and all signal levels are well within the parameters we would expect for your package. 

You do however, have a very large number of devices all connected at once for the broadband package you subscribe to. A couple of devices are actually too close to the Hub on the WiFi connection and as such they are using up some bandwidth. It may be worth checking if all devices are needed at once and if some need relocating. 

Pop back once rebooting and let us know how you get on

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos