cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi down but wired works (hub 3)

DW2020
Tuning in

Our WiFi has been unavailalbe to any device both 2G and 5G, since at least 5pm, possibly all day.

Wired connections are working perfectly, but every device (doorbell, tv, laptops, phones) can't connect to either network, although they're visible. Phone sits at "obtaining IP address for a while" then gives up.

I first noticed an issue about 8:30 this morning when my work laptop wouldn't connect and since then had it wired and didn't try anything until I thought I heard a knock at the door and tried to check the doorbell. Had to stick my head out the window instead, how undignified! (it was the wind).

Hub 3 software version 9.1.2109.200

We also had an outage last wednesday which was the whole street and someone was working on the cabinet and another the weekend before. We talked about switching last time..

4 REPLIES 4

lotharmat
Community elder
Try splitting the 2.4 and 5GHz bands. This may force the WiFi to work.

You can split the WiFi bands by accessing your hub settings - to do this, you'll need to be connected to your hub and type in 192.168.0.1 into your web browser. You;ll then need to enter your hub's setting password (this can be found on the bottom of the hub).

Once you've access the dashboard, you'll need to go to advanced settings and then wireless - security. From there, you just need to change the SSIDs of both the 2.4ghz and the 5ghz signal to different names, you can just add on 2G and 5G to the end of the current network name.

Hit Save and then it should work!

Bear in mind that you'll have to reconnect all of your devices to the new SSIDs

If that fails, a factory reset may be in order.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @DW2020 

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you have been having issues with your WiFi service. We can understand this is not ideal and we want to help. I have run a test on your service and your power levels seem out of sync. To best help with this, I have sent you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can. 

Thanks, 

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Issue resolved after leaving the router off for a long time, rather thann a quick 1 minute off and on again. So far no more issues.

That's great to hear and thank you for letting us know @DW2020 

If you do need any help in the future please do reach back out to us here at the forums and we will do all we can to help.

Thank you again