Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

WiFi constantly dropping out and TV picture pixelated. Has started playing up last few days

Wi-fi constantly dropping out- reason I know this is when web pages hang or smart speaker radio goes off. Also pixelated TV picture intermittently. Spoke to help desk and they suggested it was the smart speaker causing interference (it's been fine since I got it in February) so gave them benefit of the doubt and unplugged it since mid afternoon. Lo and behold issue still persists so not the smart speaker interfering. I also have been working from home since back end of March with no issues but as I say has started playing up in last few days. I checked service and says no issues in my area, so either my router is the issue or the connection into my flat. I get either normal lights on hub or green arrows or both. Please advise. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi constantly dropping out and TV picture pixelated. Has started playing up last few days

Do the same issues occur if you connect a computer/laptop directly to the Hub by Cat5e or better ethernet cable? That is, is it just a wifi problem from the Hub.

You say the tv is pixellating - is that through a VM Tivo or V6 box? If so, have you tried replacing the HDMI cable?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi constantly dropping out and TV picture pixelated. Has started playing up last few days

Hi 

I have my Xbox One hardwired into the router and that doesn't seem to drop out, I also haven't had any issues with Netflix through my virgin TV box (again hardwired to my router) as for the pixelation it seemed to be intermittent interference as the picture quality the vast majority of the time is good, so to me seems to be connected to the issues I was having on Saturday just gone. The guy I spoke to on the help desk seems to suggest it was my Google smart speaker that was causing interference and so I unplugged it and the issue still persisted so it's not that causing the problem

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Time for a better router then 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos