Menu
tallpaul74
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

WiFi consistently drops out super hub 2

The WiFi on my super hub 2 has been steadily getting worse. I'm increasingly getting dropped connections from devices with the only way to reconnect them is to restart the router.

My super hub 2 is over 7 years old and I believe I'm eligible for an upgrade to a super hub 3 but when I click on the link to order it I'm told that there is a problem and I need to ring the support line. And that's where the real problems start. Getting to speak to someone is impossible. I end up down dead ends offering to send me links to solve my problem. That's not what I need. I need to replace my router.

How do I go about doing this? If my approach of asking on this forum doesn't work all I've got left is to cancel my direct debit in the hope that then I'll be able to speak to someone.

Paul

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi consistently drops out super hub 2

Dont ever cancel the DD it will end up with you speaking to the debt collection agent not VM

My SH2 is that age too and because I have it in Modem mode with my own wireless equipment, my wifi is rock solid. If you think yours is faulty call in and report it.

Call it in on 150 (VM Phone) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone) and see what they say when they test the connection. Calling at 08.00 midweek (09.00 Sun) is the best time to get through quickly. Following options 1,1,4,4 often gets picked up quicker as they believe you are call ing to cancel the contract.

You can also text them on 07533 051809 include account name/number and what the issue is – replies usually take longer.

A VM person should pick this up here and respond, but it can a week or more for them to get here.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
tallpaul74
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

That is outstanding advice. Super hub 3 is on its way and my bill has also been reduced. Thank you.

0 Kudos
tallpaul74
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I think my super hub is on its last legs. It now regularly disconnects from the internet.

How long does it take for a replacement hub to arrive?

I've yet to receive any emails or texts from delivery companies to suggest that it's on its way. I ordered the new hub on the 9th of February so that's 7 working days. Should I start chasing Virgin or is this normal?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I will flag for VM to comment here

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

HI tallpaul74, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums. I will send you a private message so that this can be looked into further for you. Chris

0 Kudos