Menu
Matt_h85
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

WiFi connection dropping

Hi,

I have a really old virgin media router and a few times a day the WiFi seems to drop out. All devices will lose connection and the WiFi connection can no longer be found on any device. The router then needs to be reset for the connection to re appear for devices to connect. Please help, I think I need a new router and can’t seem to speak to anyone but an automated service on the help line.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi connection dropping

What VM Hub is it - printed on its sticker?

You could try the "free" SH1/2/2ac upgrade/replacement scheme - see the link below - as they are trying to get everyone onto Hub3/4’s (there may be a small delivery charge). It may ask you to call in to verify whether you can get this.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/hub-swap.html?buspart=uk_app_connect2_hubswap

However as its faulty you should call it in on 150 (VM Phone) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone) and see what they say when they test the connection. Calling at 08.00 midweek (09.00 Sun) is the best time to get through quickly. Although some people are still reporting getting through fine at other times with no long waits

If you get cut off after an automated reboot cycle, just call back in a couple of minutes as the system should know that you have just been on and it hasn’t helped and put you in the queue.
Or try options 1,1,4,4, “thinking of leaving” - they usually pick those calls up quickly and then transfer you to the appropriate queue (or cut you off !).

You can also text them on 07533 051809 include account name/number and what the issue is – replies usually take longer.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Matt_h85
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

hi,

it’s a super hub 2. Thanks for the link I’m going to give getting a replacement a try.

many thanks!

0 Kudos
Matt_h85
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cool, ordered the replacement for free using that link. Had no idea I was entitled to that upgrade!

thanks!

0 Kudos