Menu
Geoffmcg
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

WiFi connected but no internet.

Having issues with my WiFi. The signal is fine but intermittently I get no internet connected and have to keep resetting the hub. This happens about 7-8 times a day and is no good as my son needs a stable connection for his online collage course. I’ve contacted VM and they told me I may need a WiFi booster but don’t have any in stock so phone back in again in a month!! 
I am certain it’s not the WiFi signal as I’m connected to it fine and still have no internet connection if I’m standing next to the hub.

My wired connections are always fine and never drop out.

I think it may be the Hub 3 that’s faulty. Can anyone help with this please?

0 Kudos
g0akc
Rising star
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi connected but no internet.

@Geoffmcg wrote:

Having issues with my WiFi. The signal is fine but intermittently I get no internet connected and have to keep resetting the hub. This happens about 7-8 times a day and is no good as my son needs a stable connection for his online collage course. I’ve contacted VM and they told me I may need a WiFi booster but don’t have any in stock so phone back in again in a month!! 
I am certain it’s not the WiFi signal as I’m connected to it fine and still have no internet connection if I’m standing next to the hub.

My wired connections are always fine and never drop out.

I think it may be the Hub 3 that’s faulty. Can anyone help with this please?

• I doubt boosters will be of any help - they are trying to upsell you - you've already said you get a good signal and are near the hub
  • What devices are affected?
  • Try changing the WiFi channels on the hub
  • factory reset the hub - via the pin hole at the rear
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
0 Kudos
Geoffmcg
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi connected but no internet.

Have tried changing the channels and hard reset but still the same.

0 Kudos