Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

WiFi connected, but no internet

Hey,

I’ve now gone 10 days with no internet yes TEN!! I’ve run out of ideas now and honestly the only thing left to do now is leave Virgin media because this is beyond a joke. At a time where everyone is working from home this is completely unacceptable.

A bit of background, I lost internet connection 10 days ago and tried resetting and rebooting but that didn’t work. I’ve also had an engineer come in and have a look. The engineer changed the router twice but the same issue occurred. This issue happens across every single device so its not just related to one device as I’ve seen in similar posts. The message I’m getting on devices is “WIFI connected, no internet” or “Connected, no internet’  I’ve got hub 3 and it’s showing a white light which would suggest it’s working but it’s not. What do I do?!

All suggestions welcome.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi connected, but no internet

Have you actually lost internet connectivity or just wifi connectivity.

Have you tested on a device connected directly to the Hub on a known good Cat5e/6/7 ethernet cable ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hey John,

I’ve lost internet connectivity. I’ve tried connecting my laptop to a Ethernet cable directly from the hub and still get no internet connection.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

EDIT: forgot to say.. first try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of any known local issues down to postcode level 

Can you do this
----------------------

Do a Hub “pinhole reset” you may have already but if you didn't - do it this way - but, make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first !

Disconnect any ethernet cables from the Hub, and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it there firmly for 60 seconds – release the pin then leave the Hub 10’ to stabilise.

Then post up your Hub/network connection details and someone will check to see if there is a problem there. In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return. On the first page up [there should be no need to login if you have done so before unless you have the New Hub4 when you do] click on the “router status” icon at top right (SH2’s) or text at bottom-middle of first page up (Hub3) and then copy/paste as “Formatted Text” (not images) 3 FULL sets of data onto here – 2 pages from the Downstream, 2 from the Upstream, & the Network Logs page. Don't worry too much about the formatting it can be easily read & DON’T include personal data or MAC addresses - blank them out - if you copy/paste the data, the board software will do this for you (you may need to click the "submit" button again.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks John.

I’ve called the service status number, it didn’t highlight any issues in my area and I’ve done a pin hole reset following your instructions.

I’m just a bit confused about the details you need me to copy and paste. I have hub 3 and the text in the middle/bottom shows a status overview and the connected devices, is this what you’re referring to?

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

@GWA1991 wrote:

Thanks John.

I’ve called the service status number, it didn’t highlight any issues in my area and I’ve done a pin hole reset following your instructions.

I’m just a bit confused about the details you need me to copy and paste. I have hub 3 and the text in the middle/bottom shows a status overview and the connected devices, is this what you’re referring to?

What are the lights on the hub doing?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I have a steady white light on hub 

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Post the Network, Upstream and Downstream logs from the hubs admin pages as text please 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for my ignorance I don’t have a clue what the upstream or downstream is lol. I’m looking at the admin>info page but don’t see this

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Tool - network status

0 Kudos