Menu
BenHandy
Tuning in
Message 1 of 25
Flag for a moderator

WiFi connected but connection keeps dropping

I have followed all guidance on Virgin Websites and these forums. 

My WiFi connection to seemingly all devices (no pattern) keeps dropping, even though the device has full signal strength. 

There are only 2 of us on the network and we have super fast, so shouldn’t think that’s the problem. 

For example, my phone will take a long time to load any web pages or social media, but my laptop connection is working perfectly. Sometimes both work fine, sometimes neither work.. Sometimes nothing of mine works but all my girlfriends devices work and she’s in the room next to me.

I have checked all cables and they’re fine, the hub is in the best location in the house. 

I’m open to advice to get this sorted. It hasn’t been a problem in the last year but for the last 3 or 4 weeks has been interrupting work. 

Thanks,

Ben

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi connected but connection keeps dropping

Do wired connections experience the same issues?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
BenHandy
Tuning in
Message 3 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately I don’t have any wired connections. 

0 Kudos
BenHandy
Tuning in
Message 4 of 25
Flag for a moderator

This is still an ongoing problem. For example, nothing loads within 2 minutes on my phone right now, but TV is working fine streaming Netflix, my girlfriend’s Skype is working. 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Unless you can test with a wired connection it’s difficult to ascertain what the issue is 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
BenHandy
Tuning in
Message 6 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Ok so once I’ve got a wired connection what do I need to do?

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Keep something connected and see if it also loses connection when the Wifi goes offline/slow. 

0 Kudos
BenHandy
Tuning in
Message 8 of 25
Flag for a moderator

I borrowed an Ethernet cable and the laptop that was plugged in to it for 6.5 hours had no issues today. Still issue using mobile phone for browsing and videos during this time, 1 other laptop fine and 1 connection keeps dropping in and out. 

To reiterate, the signal is always there but the connection is either slow or drops for short periods of time. 

What can I do next?

0 Kudos
BenHandy
Tuning in
Message 9 of 25
Flag for a moderator

I am still having problems. Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 25
Flag for a moderator

You can either refine the hubs (poor) wifi, or put the hub into modem mode with your own router or mesh system and just be done with the hubs wifi.

Also, please don't bump posts.

0 Kudos