Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

WiFi conncection intermittent on HUB 2.0

Hi.

My VM HUB have difficulties to keep my mobile devices connected to WiFi. It seems that WiFi is dropping out for couple seconds on irregular intervals - sometimes every couple minutes, sometimes every hour or more. It doesn't affect wired connection on both my Desktop PC and wire-connected TV.

HUB have problems on both 2.4 and 5G frequencies and problem is reoccuring on Auto-Channel and manual selected channel.

I reboot my HUB on regular basis but recently it stopped helping with the issue. Couple days ago I done second factory reset and problem wasn't solved. So I tried to contact help line but gave up after 40 minutes on hold.

Is there anything else I can do on my own? I had same problems with old HUB long time ago and they disappeared after VM send new one to me.

Regards, Piotr.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi conncection intermittent on HUB 2.0

What hub do you have?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Super HUB 2.0

Info from admin page:

Software Version   "V1.01.35"
Hardware Version   3.11
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You could try the "free" SH1/2/2ac upgrade/replacement scheme - see the link below - as they are trying to get everyone onto Hub3's (may be a delivery charge).

It works first time for about 50% of customers, but if you get the - "Ooops - please call" message, then come back here for more assistance before calling.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/hub-swap.html?buspart=uk_app_connect2_hubswap

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I was eligible for a switch to HUB 3 and new TVBox indeed. Ordered it today morning. Hopefully it'll fix WiFi problems.
0 Kudos