cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi calling not getting incoming calls

Tenspeed
Tuning in

I've noticed recently that many people calling me on my Samsung S10 don't even get a ringing tone or get through to voicemail, it just hangs up immediately. It happens about 3 times out of 4 incoming calls.  It only happens when I have WiFi Calling turned on and WiFi connected.  It doesn't seem as bad if the incoming call is from another Virgin mobile. I've spent 6 hours communicating with Virgin tech help and even tried changing the sim but still as bad as ever.  I have caring responsibility and need reliable incoming calls. HELP! 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Posting in the Mobile forum is a good start

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

Hi Tenspeed,

My apologies if I have made you feel this way - I will also pop you over a PM so I can gather some more information so this issue can get looked into further.

Thanks,

Beth

Beth

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

65 REPLIES 65

Burnout421
Joining in
Thanks for highlighting this issue; I have exactly the same problem. A was waiting an important call from my doctor. He tried eleven times before I could pick up. It’s a good thing he’s persistent. This is potentially very serious. Does anyone know of a solution?

Posting in the Mobile forum is a good start

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Yesterday i noticed another problem with WiFi calling. When calling a merchant through WiFi Calling, every time i got put through their internal phone system from reception to sales i got cut off. When I turned of WiFi calling it works fine.

Wi-Fi calling is just another gimmick that works when it wants to. I've not heard of anyone have anything good to say about it.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.

Hi, I am having the exact same problem. 3 out of 4 calls do not connect when wifi calling is enabled. Has anyone got a solution? Thanks

Unfortunately I haven't had a single explanation for these problems, let alone a solution.  I've just given up on this service.

Hi both, 

I'm sorry to hear you are having an issue with using the WiFi calling feature on your devices. 

There isn't much support we can provide for this however this link here should help: WiFi calling > Having trouble making WiFi Calls? There is also a Need more help? section right at the bottom. 

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks Kath, I've read the page you pointed to.  Is this a new page?  And are you implying that there has been an improvement in the wifi-calling service recently?

None of the problems suggested in the advice given on that page apply to me re overloaded hub, weak signal, etc.

Best Wishes

Hi Kath, thanks for sending the link to the page. 4G calling will work great if you have a 4G signal.

The problem is when you do not have any signal hence need wifi calling to make/receive calls. It is so frustrating that other network providers wifi calling works perfectly. I am sure you can appreciate having 3 out of 4 incoming calls fail to connect is unacceptable.

If you have any other advice that would be appreciated.

Thank you.