cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi boosters

Alan89
Joining in

I had virgin media installed today and I'm not getting WiFi in my office as it's to far from the hub. I was told that I can get boosters because I'm a volt customer and downloaded the connect app. I've scanned all my rooms and hardly getting any signal if any in some rooms. How do I get my booster sent to me? My technician told me the app would send them yet I can find no option for doing that ?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Alan89 

You need to use the Connect app to perform the Home Scan in the area where the signal is low(est) .

The app should fine tune your connection and make it stronger in your various rooms and then if you meet the criteria order a pod for you.

(The app needs to show you get download speeds under 20Mbps to be able to order the pod )

Please try following the instructions <<< here >>> 

If that doesn't work  you can also try calling 0800 064 3850 to order a pod (they will only send out one at a time, and there must be an interval of at least one week before a second order will be accepted)

Call around 8am if possible when lines first open and are least busy.

They are free  on a Volt bundle.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for the help, but I've phoned them and they've pretty much refused to help. For a free thing I'm entitled to they seem very reluctant to actually send them out.

Hello Alan89.

Thanks for your first post and also for joining Virgin Media.

I know its not been a great start after you enquired about the pods.

I did check a few things from here and can see you have been able to get the first one sent out.

Can you let us know once it has arrived please. That way if you require another pod then we can get this ordered for you.

Gareth_L