Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

WiFi boosters

What is the range of the WiFi boosters? My router is in my front living room and I want to get WiFi in my shed which Is half way down my garden with a dining room and a conservatory in between.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi boosters

Boosters are generally poor sticking plasters and I am pretty sure they wnt help reach the shed and not worth the £3/month they will charge you for them.

Assuming that the shed has a power supply (or you can put one in) he "best" option is to get a run of exterior grade Cat6 ethernet cable and run it from the Hub outside to the shed and then plug that in to a wireless access point in there (+/- an "ethernet switch").

If for some reason that's not possible there are other options like getting a good wifi Mesh system that might reach the shed.

Or an external grade wireless access point or mesh unit - these tend to be expensive though

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.