Menu
richardlloyd
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

WiFi boosters not in Sync

Hi I have 2 boosters and no matter how I try I can still see 3 networks on my WiFi, one VM and 2 VMP's. I have run through the troubleshooting, done the re-set and searched the community but I still see 3 networks and have poor signal. Can anyone help to resolve?

Cheers Richard

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi boosters not in Sync

Hi Richard, thanks for your post.

You'll need to 'sync' the hub and boosters to make them an extension of your existing network rather than separate SSID's. The info here should help you out:  https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-booster-troubleshooting

...specifically this part:

• Follow the Quick Start guide to set both units up so they are connected to your Hub and communicating with each other
  • Press and hold the WPS button on the WiFi Booster for about ten seconds and release it
  • The WiFi light  and the Power light  will flash
  • Then go straight to your Hub and press the WPS button on the Hub for a couple of seconds. On the Super Hub this is the one with the Virgin Media logo, on the SuperHub 2 and 2ac it says WPS and on the Hub 3 it says Pair WPS
  • When the WiFi and Power lights stop blinking the synchronisation is finalised
  • Your Wireless Manager on your wireless device should now show your Hub’s SSID when within range of your Hub and when within range of your WiFi Booster. The WiFi password will be the same as your Hub's WiFi password.

Please keep us posted with how you get on.

Tom 

0 Kudos