Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

WiFi boosters don't work

I am a telecoms engineer first of all. . . 

These WiFi boosters simply don't work, I was about to cancel my contract after 14 years with virgin, someone on the phone convinced me to 'upgrade' to these boosters due to awful WiFi signal. 

I ok'd it.

Received boosters, plugged in , and decided to use the virgin app to install them, instead of WPS like I normally would, half way through set up on last step, set up failed. 

No reason why, just don't sync up the settings. 

So I went the WPS manual route, no indication of connection and if they are working, its not apparent at all to me, all lights are right, WiFi is stil awful. 

I'm very knowledgeable on this stuff, so phoning virgin gave me a painful, I mean painful 'guide' which I knew wouldn't work. 

So I'm stuck with these boosters, that there own app can't even sync up correctly, with still awful WiFi signal. Oh and plus, they have signed me up to a contract again .... Wowowowowowowow. 

I'm paying £79-84 a months for over 7 years now, and they signed me up on a contract for upgrading to boosters which don't work. 

Does anyone think there is a simple solution to get these working, because virgin customer service doesn't help, and next time I speak them I'll end up cancelling my contract & tempted moving to sky, after so long 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi boosters don't work

Boosters just make more problems VM knows the hub wifi will be cheaply done on any hub yet they went with boosters.

Easier to just get your own wireless router with 1Gb ports and put the hub in modem mode.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yes thanks for reply, I know this, I have them here, but I have a really clean set up, and don't want another fully sized router in my set up, so I accepted the boosters. 

Which run on power line, which the app recognises, but doesn't install properly everytime 

Since when did virgin become such a joke, Xbox kicks off constantly , WiFi boosters hardwired included ! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Drew1878,

Thank you for your first post and I am sorry you are having issues with your broadband I will be more than happy to look into this for you I will send you a private message asking for some details just keep an eye out for the purple envelope 🙂

Thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos