Menu
Gazbe
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

WiFi boosters and netgear

• Can the virgin WiFi boosters be used alongside net gear power line adaptors , I don’t expect them to work together but along side each other
0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: WiFi boosters and netgear

Yes, but they will run slower 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I had them running alongside some TP-Link ones a while back and they didn’t get along and interfered with each other 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

A VM hub, wifi booster/s, and Netgear powerline adaptors.....all sounds like a bit of a kludge to try and make up for poor connectivity. 

You might want to consider buying a mesh wifi system which would normally sort out the wifi reach and quality, and using the ethernet ports on the secondary units rather than powerline adaptors?  But that's speculative on my part, because we don't know the property type and construction, what the connected devices and usage are, and what if any budget there is.  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Gazbe
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the replies , the problem is I have got various devices plugged in to the netgear adaptors around the house as I had already invested in them over the past couple of years such as my main pc hive hub hue hub etc my sons use Xbox and ps 4 in different rooms and stream quite a lot the construction of my walls is solid brick/block so it’s the wi fi that is the problem in certain parts of the house , virgin had sent me the boosters and I was hoping I could make use of them I used to have a. Netgear WiFi booster but my youngest son took that with him when he moved out (it didn’t work particularly well anyway)

0 Kudos