Menu
Jaynemich92
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

WiFi booster

Hi,I have just built an extension and was thinking about having cable laid for my internet.A friend has suggested that WiFi boosters would be better.Any advice on this,and would virgin charge me and if so how much ?

0 Kudos
conman33158
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi booster

Boosters are free if you are on the Oomph package but if not there is a monthly charge. It might be better to invest the money you could end up paying out over time on a decent mesh system to boost the signal to where you want it, plus with owning your own equipment you can use it with whichever internet service provider you use in the future if you wish to change providers 🙂

***********************************************************************************************************************************
Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Virginmedia no longer do boosters they offer a pod system which will be £5 a month unless you are on a qualifying package, personally it would be far better to run Ethernet cable down to the extension and then place a wireless access point there, in that way you will get close to full speed and also will allow you to use a wired connection if needed.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post Jaynemich92,

Do please come back to our Forum if you seek further assistance or advice from our VIPs or our Forum Teams.

We can issue Wi-Fi pods, but due to stock levels, this may not be possible with immediate effect

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos