I want to order a WiFi booster, seems impossible to do

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi booster

VM now supply “wifi pods” (not “boosters”). These are free to customers on the 1GB or Ultimate Oomph packages, and so are worth trying if you are on one of those. There are stock supply issues at the moment though.

Otherwise, you will be charged £5/month - and at that level of investment you would soon pay off that cost by buying a "better" wireless solution that will be yours to own and use forever.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Peter48
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have the top oomph package, but cannot find how to get the booster, have tried phoning, tried website, and tried the app but still got nowhere

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Peter48 wrote:

I have the top oomph package, but cannot find how to get the booster, have tried phoning, tried website, and tried the app but still got nowhere

Pretty sure that  the only way to order them at the moment is by phone - as mentioned by @jbrennand, though, they are currently out of stock - I've seen other people suggesting that they have been told to call back at the end of the month when more stock is expected.. 

0 Kudos
Peter48
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks

However, when using the connect app everything was working Ok got the hub password and started checking rooms, but as soon as I checked an area with poor signal I had a message saying oops there is a problem and no option to order a wifi booster.

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Peter48 wrote:

Thanks

However, when using the connect app everything was working Ok got the hub password and started checking rooms, but as soon as I checked an area with poor signal I had a message saying oops there is a problem and no option to order a wifi booster.

Yup, the boosters have been discontinued and replaced with the pods... you cannot order the pods through the app at the moment.. 

0 Kudos
Peter48
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

WiFi boosters may have been replaced by pods but no option to order them either 

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Peter48 wrote:

WiFi boosters may have been replaced by pods but no option to order them either 

yes - hence my comment about only being able to order them by phone at the moment - worth also checking@jbrennand's comment about stock issues too - i believe that VM are currently quoting availability of the pods being the end of Feb. In the meantime, you can register your interest for them here 

As these are available to you for free, you may choose to wait for them to come back into stock to see whether they fix your issues.  If your need is urgent, then there are plenty of other options available to you from the likes of amazon, currys etc.. 

0 Kudos
Peter48
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Been  informed by Virgin media that my Hub 3 has now had it’s WiFi boosted so I won’t need anything now. 
Thanks

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Peter48 wrote:

Hi

Been  informed by Virgin media that my Hub 3 has now had it’s WiFi boosted so I won’t need anything now. 
Thanks

That's just marketing BS.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos