Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

WiFi booster setup fail

Hi, our WiFi boosters stopped working last night and despite many attempts to connect / reset / setup following instructions via the Connect App / Quick Start leaflet / manual download, I'm having no luck. I'd be very grateful if you could assist....

Best Regards

Chris

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi booster setup fail

what’s not working about it?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The booster worked initially, for a month or so but last week my son couldn't connect in his bedroom, the weak area.

We've both tried following the instructions but no luck - the light sequences don't seem to tally with what's supposed to happen. Btw my son is a Computer Science teacher, so really isn't a novice with these things.

We've tried so many times, different ways and still nothing showing on my app which just says not connected.

If there's anything more specific I could provide, please let me know but we've even tried a reset, all to no avail.

Thank you

Chris.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If he’s a computer science technician he’d know better than to use a sub-par powerline booster 😉

Don’t use the connect app - it’s more trouble than its worth. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

👊😄😉will mention it and try again in the morning...

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Well, after another couple of hours following the Installation Guide leaflet, I've come to the conclusion the boosters *and* the instructions are completely Bob Toss. I'll persevere [another little hobby whilst on furlough], but I think I'll eventually get my tech chaps in and put a few wireless access points or ethernet sockets around the house. Thanks very much for your help [and humour!👊],

All the very best,

Chris.

0 Kudos