Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

WiFi booster settings address not working?

I’m typing http://virginmedia-vmp into my browser and it keeps sending me to a virgin ‘page not found’ site. I’m not certain I’m connected to the hub or the booster as I believe they both share the same log network name? Both have solid white lights after following the set up procedure so all seems ok there? I’m using an iPhone, Any help much appreciated, thank you! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi booster settings address not working?

You can only use that settings page on initial install, after that you have to use the boosters IP address that is shown in the virgin connect app

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for this, that app keeps signing me in and out and has for a while so I stopped using it. Nearly every time I open it it’s forgotten my details and I have to set up again. It was ok just now and I was able to see the booster and what was connected to it but I just closed it and opened it again and it’s asking me to scan the booster sticker which I literally did 5 minutes ago. This can’t be normal?

edit. I’ve just done it again and now the app has frozen... I have a barely 1 year old iPhone X so it’s not the phone. This is the second attempt at these boosters because when I got them a couple of months ago it kept doing all this (forgetting info on the app, freezing) that I switched it all off and put them in the drawer as it was making things even worse in the black spot areas upstairs. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Not true as far as my set up with the Comtrend boosters is concerned I used the VM Connect App to add the Wifi booster to my network and I can use the http://virginmedia-vmp/common_page/login.html page to check on them.

I would also point out that I can't access the site on mobile devices so perhaps try on a Pc/laptop

Screenshot_20190616-222800.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Indy3050,

How are you getting along with the Booster since your post on Sunday evening?

If you still need assistance just simply reply to this post and either I or one of my team will drop you a PM

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

In all honestly I’ve unplugged them and put them back in the drawer. It’s constantly dropping all the family off the WiFi, constantly asking me in the app to sign in and start over, when I told the wife and kids I was giving up they actually cheered! 

A real shame.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear this Indy3050,

This is not the final result that we would want to hear from our customers.

I'm happy to look into this for you if you're still having issues. Just look out for the purple envelope in the top right hand corner

David_Bn

0 Kudos