Menu
DanielOtium
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

WiFi booster lights turn on then goes black

My WiFi booster has been working perfectly since September of last year. Suddenly one day, I couldn't connect to the booster, so I've unplugged from the mains, to see if that would fix the problem. No luck. The lights show for about 3 to 4 seconds then it's completely black. I'm able to plug appliances into it and they seem to get power from the booster, but no lights are showing on the booster. The booster that connects to the router works perfectly fine but it can't connect to the other WiFi booster, just keeps flashing the network symbol.

I hope someone is able to help with the situation. Thanks. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Timmatt
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi booster lights turn on then goes black

This is spooky, I have just had exactly the same issues, and was about to come here to post about it.  Did this happen recently? 

0 Kudos
DanielOtium
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I think it happened on Tuesday and its been doing the same thing since then. Not sure if it's a firmware update problem or just the booster is dead. 

0 Kudos
Laurie_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi DanielOtium & Timmatt.

I'd like to welcome you both to the Forums, I'm sorry that you've had this issue.

Could you both confirm if a pinhole reset resolves this issue? You can perform a pinhole reset by using the tip of a pen to press the reset button on the side of the booster.

Please let me know if this helps - I'd be more than happy to take a closer look at this for both of you.

Kind regards,
Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team
0 Kudos
DanielOtium
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi laurie, I've tried to reset the booster but it's still the same. I've called the technician number, they've said the return the booster and they'll remove the added cost off the bill. They've also recommended me to try and order the WiFi pods. Fingers crossed I manage to get one soon. 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hopefully you’re not paying for the boosters..

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply and update, DanielOtium, do let us know how it goes. 

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos