cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi authentication issues

chrisakak9
Joining in

Is anyone else having WiFi authentication issues (currently using a super hub 3 in the LS12 Area)

Virgin have confirmed that this is an issue in my area but this is not listed in the service status checker and as such is not a recorded outage.

from what I can find online (using my O2 data!) this is a UK wide issue as this is being reported by a fair amount of people down south.

not only does this leave me without Internet it also leaves me with no internal network. 

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you genuinely have a WiFi-issue, that's little to do with your Virgin broadband, and everything to do with your specific router.

Any broadband fault should be listed on the automated status line - 0800 5610061.

But what's the actual problem you have - you've not said?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi chrisakak9,

Welcome to the Community Forums! Thank you for your first post.

I'm sorry to hear you've been having some issues with your broadband/WiFi service recently. I've been able to find your account and can see that there are some issues affecting your downstream channels which will require an engineer visit to put right.

I'll pop you over a PM so I can take some more details and get this arranged for you.

Please check out the purple envelope for a message from me.

Beth

Beth

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Just let me know once you've received it 🙂

Beth

Beth

But only as a Private message!! - Don't put your address in this thread!!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

seanparkinson
Joining in

Hi, i am having the same issue possibly since Wednesday when I lost my internet connection due to the storm. 

only realised an hour ago since I received a note from EE to advise I have used all my months worth of data in just over 2 days (watch a lot of youtube / Netflix on my phone) 

I have noticed none of my devices can access wifi but works through a wired connection can someone advise what I can do I cant seem to access the hub itself I am just getting a constant attempt to connect then an Authentication error.

just as an update my TV and kindle only work via wifi so its pretty urgent.

Hi seanparkinson,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. 

Sorry to hear of your recent issues with no devices connecting to your Wi-Fi at home, except the TV and Kindle.

Can we ask in this time if you have performed a pin hole reset on your hub? You can follow the instructions here.

Can we also ask what lights, (if any) are on the front of your hub?

As it's been a short while since you posted, how have things been?

I have done a remote check from our end, and nothing is showing as having any issues at present.

Please let me know if you're still having issues, and I will assist your further.

Kind regards Jodi. 

armchair_scouse
Joining in

Having WiFi authentication issues again.  Tried router reset with power and pinhole, tried typing in the code multiple times (how much fun that is with just up, down, left and right to control typing).  As with the last few times it has happened, guess I will have to leave it until it decides it is authorised. Just what I need, a wi-fi service with an attitude.

Hi armchair_scouse

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

I am sorry to hear of any WiFi issues. 

Can you send me a screenshot of this happening?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill