Menu
brakespear
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

WiFi and Wired Connections Dropping

Hi,

We have been experiencing issues with both WiFi and Wired Connections dropping for 2-3 months now - what will happen is theat connection speed will drop and then our Hub 3 will reboot itself. This usually happens 1-2 times a day and it generally works OK following reboot until the next issue, although sometimes, such as last night, it keeps dropping out for an hour at a time.

For the last 3 weeks performance has decreased greatly, with connections quite low speed, streaming services in the evening especially are bufferring/pixel lated most of the time.

I did just try calling 0345 454 1111 to report but after going through option 1 the message advises that is sorry that I am still experiencing intermittent broadband in my postcode area and that engineers are working on it but it is a complex issue. When checking service status no issues are reported there, however.

I have reset the hub to factory defaults to no effect. There was some work done in the street which seemed to reduce the issue for a few days (about a month ago) but this is no longer the case. I did notice when I checked the cables outside earlier that when although the connections were tight, the connection dropped when I examined them and then autorecovered. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: WiFi and Wired Connections Dropping

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" and calling CS - , also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

Or, a VM person should pick this thread up and be able to help but it can take a few days.

The "compensation "timer" can also be started on the 0800 number.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation

https://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/automati...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi and Wired Connections Dropping

Hi brakespear,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear about the issues you have been having with your connection.

Checking your account, I can see all is looking well with the Hub however there is a fault open that is affecting you. The details of that are here: 

• Fault reference number: F008965764   
  • Estimated fix time: 29 APR 2021 09:15
  • Description: We have identified the problem and an engineer is on their way

I have made a note of this on your account so the relevant teams are aware you are affected. 

If there is anything else we can do, let us know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos