Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

WiFi Strength Superhub 2ac (Xbox Download Speeds Poor)

Evening

Ive recently purchased the New Xbox Series X 

Download Speed of the games is poor 

It’s located in the extension of the house I’ve tried the power line plugs to no avail fluctuates from 0-30

if I move it to the same room as the router it goes up to about 100 on WiFi but I do t want it in that room.

I’ve resorted to a Ethernet cable that runs 15 meters through the hall etc it’s a trip hazard & I need to unplug it every night.

Will a updated Router work better ????

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi Strength Superhub 2ac (Xbox Download Speeds Poor)

@A9XSJ wrote:

Evening

Ive recently purchased the New Xbox Series X 

Download Speed of the games is poor 

It’s located in the extension of the house I’ve tried the power line plugs to no avail fluctuates from 0-30

if I move it to the same room as the router it goes up to about 100 on WiFi but I do t want it in that room.

I’ve resorted to a Ethernet cable that runs 15 meters through the hall etc it’s a trip hazard & I need to unplug it every night.

Will a updated Router work better ????

Powerline adapters are never as good as the advertised speeds.

With the Xbox situated where you want it, and connected to wireless, access your HUB on http://192.168.0.1 and navigate to 'Connected devices'.

Check the 'Speed (Mbps)' and the band the device is connected to (5Ghz or 2.4Ghz).

EDIT: I see you are not using a HUB 3 or greater so I'm unsure if you'll have access to the above settings.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I’ve tried to acquire one via the online link it’s says I’m due a Free Upgrade to the 3

but at the end it says it can’t be completed please phone - tried a few times no success in getting thru

Im capable of setting it up myself if one was to be dispatched 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@A9XSJ wrote:

I’ve tried to acquire one via the online link it’s says I’m due a Free Upgrade to the 3

but at the end it says it can’t be completed please phone - tried a few times no success in getting thru

Im capable of setting it up myself if one was to be dispatched 

Send VM a text on 07533051809 and see what they come back with.

If you are willing to spend some £ you can buy your own kit and put your existing HUB in modem mode.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If you have a superhub2-ac i'd be wary of migrating to a more recent VM device - both the hub 3 and 4 are heavily complained about on these forums for their issues with udp traffic and latency (both of which will impact your online gaming experience).

you're far better off buying a decent 3rd party router and using your hub in modem mode, it's likely to improve performance though by how much is impossible for anyone to say. 

0 Kudos