Menu
davidt1974
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

WiFi Router

Can anyone recommend a WI-Fi router that works with Hub 3 as the Hub 3 Wi-Fi constantly has no internet connectivity though know all Wi-Fi devices work. Tried a Nighthawk but after setting hub into Modem Mode I got No Internet Connectivity via wired connection on Nighthawk router (Hub connected to Nighthawk via Ethernet)?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi Router

I have been using a Nighthawk R7000 router for several years with no issues, so I'm a bit surprised by your experience.

Have you tried an Ethernet connected device direct to the hub in modem mode, to see if the Nighthawk is the issue?

Which model of Nighthawk is it?

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out.
My setup: V6 TV box, Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

0 Kudos
Tudor
Superstar
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If you just need better WiFi then all you need is a Wireless Access Point, a router is overkill. 

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal
0 Kudos
davidt1974
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It was the R7000, as it didn’t work I sent it back. Plugging direct into hub wired connection works but if try anything connected to hub then seems nothing works. 

0 Kudos
davidt1974
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Don’t get any internet connection from Wi-Fi most of the time from hub, used to use an extender but now because of connection issue wont connect. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Davidt1974,

I see that you've been chatting with my colleague from your other thread via Private Message and that a technician may need to be booked to take a look.

If you're still experiencing WiFi issues, please let us know by replying to the PM.

Warm Regards,

Lisa_CC

0 Kudos