cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Pods

adnank503
On our wavelength

Hi. Do the Wifi pods support Wifi 6? My Hub 4 was replaced with Hub 5, but now when i do a speedtest, i struggle to get even 400mpbs while without the pods i get much high speeds. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
No their pods are only wifi 5.

At the moment if you want wifi6 you will need to get your own equipment.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
No their pods are only wifi 5.

At the moment if you want wifi6 you will need to get your own equipment.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

diggerati
Tuning in

I have the same issue. My POD drops the speed dramatically and also does not provide a stable connection. Upload speed of below 1mbps frequently which then kills my zoom calls. If I move to the room with the router, the speeds are totally fine. The router is the worst I have ever experienced - doesn't give you a good speed anywhere except directly in line of sight.

Hi diggerati,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the broadband issue you've been having. 

I have taken a look on our side and it looks as though you have already been able to speak with the team regarding this. 

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance. 

^Martin