cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Pods - one is whistling / whirring

markfranklin
Tuning in

Owing to poor WiFi, I have been using two Pods for many months now and they are brilliant.  One is upstairs and one is downstairs.

However, a few weeks ago, one of them started making a high pitched whistling and whirring noise.  The other one is completely silent.

I got in touch with VM and they asked me to "monitor" for a few weeks to see if it continued.

In the meantime, I swapped the Pods in case the issue was with the electrical socket.  I found that the whistling noise follows the Pod - so it clearly is the one Pod that has a fault of some kind.

I contacted VM again and was told that it was a "provisioning issue with the pods I am using" - not sure what that means, but they closed the call and said the "FMS colleagues" (whoever they are) would be in touch within 24 hours to help me resolve it.

Several days later, I haven't heard back from anyone.  In my mind, it is a simple job of replacing the one Pod?

I wondered if anyone may be able to assist?

Thanks very much

6 REPLIES 6

Client62
Legend

Disconnect any faulty VM Pods. Thermal events are not unknown.

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello markfranklin

Sorry to hear of the issues experienced with one of your pod's and the concern caused, we appreciate you making us aware via the forums.

We’re eager to assist with this, I will send you a Private Message to get some more details from you so keep an eye out for the envelope in the top right when signed into the forums. As Client62 has advised, if you haven't already we'd remove the Pod until this can be looked into further.

Thanks

Rob

markfranklin
Tuning in

Thanks all - as per the Private Message thread, I now have a replacement pod and the issue has gone away.  I think problem solved!  Thanks again.

Thanks for coming back to us markfranklin and I'm glad that you have been able to get your issues resolved.

Please let us know if you have any further issues.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

F1nut4
On our wavelength

Our pod is doing exactly the same. I've unplugged it for safety reasons. Will VM replace it?

Hi F1nut4 👋 welcome back to community! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear you are also having an issue with your Wi-Fi pods. We will just need to send you a PM to confirm a few account details so we can run through some testing and offer further support with a replacement if needed. 

I will do this for you now - you can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly