cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Pod

No-66
Tuning in

Where do I actually order a booster pod from. Done the test gives the recommendation but all the links take me to upgrade my package??

very frustrated new customer.

many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Read this post for information.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/How-do-I-order-the-Wi-Fi-pods/td-p/5123613

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Read this post for information.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/How-do-I-order-the-Wi-Fi-pods/td-p/5123613

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

stephencantwell
On our wavelength

Ive got 2 pods, The 1st pod was for free when they done the beta trial on release then got my 2nd pod delivered last week.

You need to do a scan on the connect app

Take a screen shot of the results

Go on live chat and request a pod. The agent will ask you to upload screenshots of the scan results and then order the pod for you which should be delivered by yodel a few days later.

Little tip,- The chat agent might say there is a £8pm charge for the pod unless you're a volt customer, Do not accept the charge and state the VM wifi guarantee policy. If the agent wont budge, Simply decline and end the chat then re try with an other agent eventually you should get it FOC. It took me 2 attempts to get the 2nd pod for free. 

Im on the maxit tv / 200mgb internet package I now have 2x pods and wifi is much better throughout my house and i dont pay any extra for the pods.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey No-66, thanks for reaching out on our help forums and welcome to the VM community.

We're happy to have you on board! 🙂

Sorry to see the confusion with ordering a pod over our App and the upgrade required, we do offer the pods with our Wi Fi Max service - visit this link for more on this.

For some bundles like 1Gig Fibre, Oomph and Volt our Wi Fi Max is inclusive and you may order a pod for free, however on some other deals you may need to pay the monthly price for this at £8.

We hope you've managed to get one ordered after your post here as you have marked this thread as resolved, please do let us know in case you still need our help getting one?

Once Wi Fi Max is added, please be aware you may get up to 3 Wi Fi Pods if needed and you can do so by scanning your home with our Connect App.

Let us know if the above information is of assistance to you, also here to help out with any queries or concerns.

Best regards,

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Finally managed to chat with a bot and then a real human being, pod is on its way.

thanks all

Hi No-66,

Thanks for the update - pleased to hear you've got a WiFi Pod on the way 📫

Give us a shout if you need anything else, and have a great weekend.

Beth

ShaunScrewloose
Joining in
Wifi pod

Hi

am hoping you can help, I recently upgraded my broadband to the 1gig service with a new hub 5, the problem is with the house being an old acrington (very hard and dense) brick build I am having a couple of blackspots for my wifi upstairs in the bedroom and downstairs in my kitchen, I have moved the hub5 a couple of times to different locations close to the connection point but the signal is still very very poor or non existent, would you be able to order me a couple of wifi pods to solve this problem as I would like to get wifi in my bedroom as my wife had a Stoke and is bed bound most of the time and likes to stream on her tablet but is unable to when we are in bed, except using 4g data. 

I hope you can help, I have been a VM customer for over 10yrs and get a Lifetime VIP discount if that counts for anything.

Kind regards and many thanks

Shaun

Hi Shaun

Thank you for your post. Sorry to hear you've been having a lot of trouble with the WiFi coverage around your home. We can certainly look into getting some WiFi Pods ordered for you 😊

I've dropped you a PM so I can help you further. 

Beth