cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Pod request

GavBrad
Joining in

Good afternoon,

I've been having real intermittent issues with my WiFi the past few weeks. I'm on the 600mpbs bundle, yet performing speed checks (both with an ethernet cable and wirelessly) provides wildly varying results. Some days it's fantastic, others it's sub 30mpbs. An engineer visited today and of course everything was fine, though last night I was completely unable to stream a single TV show. My entertainment equipment is in the next room over from my router and whilst this has been fine for the past 6 months, it is only recently it has become unusable. The engineer told me to request WiFi pods for the living room, as he believes this will solve the issue (though it seems quite separate from the varying speed issue to me!) Unfortunately I can't find anywhere to order the pods. The website says unavailable, but on Twitter I was advised to call tech support who sent me back to the initial unavailable site. 

Would somebody be able to advise (on either issue!)

Many thanks, and I hope this made sense!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
As you VM now supply “wifi Pods” (not “boosters”). Pods are free to customers on 1GB or Ultimate Oomph packages - is that you?

If not you will be charged £5/month. Its a simple solution and should work for you. However, you would soon pay off that cost by buying a "better" wireless solution that will be yours to own and use forever but it isn’t the simple plug and play option of the Pod(s). They were in short supply but are now back in stock and can be ordered

If you want to sort it for yourself, get either a…

(1) Mesh System, (2) Wireless router, (3) Wireless access point (4) A combination of (2) & (3).

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
As you VM now supply “wifi Pods” (not “boosters”). Pods are free to customers on 1GB or Ultimate Oomph packages - is that you?

If not you will be charged £5/month. Its a simple solution and should work for you. However, you would soon pay off that cost by buying a "better" wireless solution that will be yours to own and use forever but it isn’t the simple plug and play option of the Pod(s). They were in short supply but are now back in stock and can be ordered

If you want to sort it for yourself, get either a…

(1) Mesh System, (2) Wireless router, (3) Wireless access point (4) A combination of (2) & (3).

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi John,

Thank for your reply, I am on the Ultimate Oomph so the monthly cost doesn't apply to me fortunately. Could you direct to me someone who can order the pods for me, as the link I'm following keeps informing me that they aren't available. The Twitter team has assured me that they are however, so I'm in a bit of a limbo!

Cheers,

Gavin

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Not 100%.. certain but calling in and asking for the "Tech Team" seems to have worked for people wanting to order them on here.

A VM person will respond here in a day or so and can sort it out for you if you get blanked on the phone.

--------------------
John
--------------------

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi GavBrad, thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear you've had some issues getting hold of a WiFi Pod. The usual process is to speak with tech support on 150/ 0345 454 1111, however we can order the first pod for you if that'something you still need help with - just look out for my PM (the purple envelope) and I'll get that sorted.

Tom