Menu
lightsabir
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

WiFi Pod just won't connect... At all?

Requested a WiFi pod on the 11th February and slammed it into a socket in my kitchen. Didn't seem like it wanted to connect so plugged it into the wall socket in the hallway, same issue. Rang up VM who said it takes a few hours to sync with the SuperHub 4... Slammed it back in the kitchen and it worked like a charm...

It connected like a charm and then a few days ago, my WiFi options were turned off automatically and if I didn't realise this by accessing the IP settings, I would've rang em up again for yet another ridiculous technical waste-of-a-call. Fixed the issue myself by restoring my WiFi settings and since then my WiFi pod just doesn't seem to want to connect to the router. I've given up hope myself that I want to rely on these pods to work with the SuperHub 4.0 so I was wondering if I were to buy my own WiFi booster, can I just input my existing WiFi settings in and it'll pair up with the router? I'm not holding my breath for this WiFi pod to start working again.

Completely bamboozled to come home from work to see my WiFi disconnected lol - I wonder if the WiFi pod had anything to do with that...

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi Pod just won't connect... At all?

For the pod to work the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands need to be broadcasting the same SSID and passwords and you also need to enable channel optimisation 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi Pod just won't connect... At all?

Stop trying to use the hub as a router its a waste of time and money when you get your own WiFi booster just use it in modem mode and get a wireless router with 1Gb ports.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos