cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Pod flashing light

Danny28
Tuning in

I have taken delivery of my new WiFi pod in the hope of reducing blackspots in the house and as part of my deal with Virgin.

However the light keeps flashing - probably for over an hour now.

I've moved it closer to and further way from the router without success.

Is my only option to sit for an hour on their helpline to get a replacement??

40 REPLIES 40

Is anybody available too fix this issue?

I was told this would an escalation was made on friday evening but they are still constantly flashing white?

Kind regards 

Dean 😢

Weefifer
Dialled in

Hi, I have this issue too, on all 3 plugs. Have rebooted router, no joy. Have taken all 3 out, put first one back in and hours later still flashing white.

Good Afternoon @Weefifer, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and I'm sorry to hear of the issues with the Wi-Fi pods.

Can you please confirm if you've been able to reset the router and the pods since your post?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi David, the answer is no. They are all currently unplugged. If I connect smart WiFi, pods connect but it’s automatically picking 108 which is a dfs channel and my tv, sound bar and speakers can’t use that band, so no surround sound. Someone was phoning back from virgin???? But not heard from anyone.

so at the moment, I have it on 2.4 and 5g, auto selection but smart WiFi disabled and everything works fine

it was all working ok till  about 3-5 days ago with smart WiFi on so don’t know what’s happened. Router has been reset numerous times with no joy.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Weefifer, 

Thank you for your reply, I have checked our systems and can see you are affected by an SNR (sound to noise ratio) Outage, this can affect your pods as can affect your speed and range so this will explain why your pods are flashing.

Zoie

Thanks zoie, so how do I fix it?

Ive left them unplugged, as each time they are switched on using smart WiFi, it’s selecting channel 108 and a few of my things can’t work on the dfs channels.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Weefifer,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, there isn't a way to resolve an SNR Outage, as this is something our Technicians need to fix and resolve physically. I've taken a look at things on our side, and can see that the outage is still ongoing and is due to be resolved by 22nd August by 9AM.

I can also see you've spoken with our team since your post. Have they been able to assist with this?

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Thanks for the info. Well, still waiting on a call, been at least 4 days since they said they would call but nothing so far, really poor service. The pods are sitting in a box. Also it’s a long time to sort out the outage.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I can appreciate the frustration caused during this Weefifer,

Just to clarify, have you received a call since posting?

Let us know,

Kain

Thank you, but no phone call at all. Pods still unplugged and sitting in a box