Menu
shywitch
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

WiFi Network & Printer (offline)

I am in big trouble (for me). Did the 192.168.0.1 bit and it asked for the password for Hub 3. Password that is on the sticker doesn't work. So I can't access to change my network password. 4 wires on the back of the router... Also on one of the wires is ..ONLY TO BE USED WITH SUPER HUB 2 VMDG485.

I have logged my phone onto the wiFi and that password on the sticker works. How can I access the page to change my network name from VM5034247 and also to change my password.

HELP!!! Please. Also it says "weak security" which I didn't have before. Have a feeling a neighbour might have accessed my wifi.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi Network & Printer (offline)

"Also on one of the wires is ..ONLY TO BE USED WITH SUPER HUB 2 VMDG485."

Where did that information come from ?

The password you need to get into the Hub Settings is the one highlighted below.

Hub-3-Password

If that doesn't work you will need to do a Hub reset using the exact method shown below ...

DO NOT DO THIS if the password on the base of the Hub is not legible or missing.

Disconnect all unneeded ethernet cables from the rear of the Hub.

With the Hub Powered on use a paperclip or similar (I use a mobile phone SIM Slot tool) and do a pinhole reset.

Depress the pinhole switch for a timed 60 seconds then release.

DO NOT reboot the hub but allow it 5 to 10 minutes for it to boot itself up.

Once the lights are stabilised check your system again.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
shywitch
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi Network & Printer (offline)

Many thanks for your help... found the other password & got it sorted. 🙂 

0 Kudos