cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi/LAN without internet?

Paranoimia
Joining in

We've had 2 power cuts/surges this evening, each lasting literally seconds, but they knocked out Virgin broadband in the area.

I can manage without the internet, but what's irritating is that without an internet connection, the Superhub 3 won't provide WiFi so that I can copy/stream between devices... e.g. watch something from my laptop on my TV via Plex and my Roku.

To avoid this in the future, is there a way to configure this, or do I need to buy a separate router and use the Superhub 3 in modem mode?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The Hub3 CPU does not have much “grunt” so when it tries to reestablish connection to the CMTS other task do not get mane CPU cycles. Yes the only answer is your own networking equipment and the hub running in modem mode.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Paranoimia
Joining in

Never mind... resolved.

Or maybe not.

It does work, but of course the Superhub 3 keeps dropping WiFi as it attempts to re-establish connection to the Virgin network, so while I could stream via Plex, viewing was repeatedly interrupted for several minutes at a time while WiFi was dropped and restarted. 😕

Separate router is looking more tempting.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The Hub3 CPU does not have much “grunt” so when it tries to reestablish connection to the CMTS other task do not get mane CPU cycles. Yes the only answer is your own networking equipment and the hub running in modem mode.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2