Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

WiFi Keeps dropping

WiFi is terrible for weeks. Had an engineer come out he reset everything after a day it went back to usual! I am paying alot of money for nowt!! If it carrys on I am leaving. Tried calling virgin now for 2 days off my house phone waited and waited for people to cut me off. If they carry on they will lose a customer who has been with them for 3 years now!! Get it sorted virgin done all the tests like u asked me. Still nothing working. I will try that text message service now. It's beyond a joke this service!! I can get my internet and package cheaper if I go to competition. Virgin contact me before I cancel now!! 

Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi Keeps dropping

Are your wired connections ok?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ok. Have you split the Wi-Fi bands and changed the channels?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes I have swapped the band's everything I am at work now so will contact again tomorrow thankyou for answering👍

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If the ethernet connections are all ok then TBH the best way forward is to ditch the Hub's wifi and invest in your own better quality wireless equipment which will solve the issues once and for all and be yours to own and keep forever whichever ISP you are with in the future.

If tweaking the Hub settings hasn't helped, VM will offer you "wifi boosters" but they are only free if you have the Hub4 - otherwise they charge you £3/month - and you would be better advised putting those monies as above.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos