cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Issues and Red Light on Hub4

quiff1
Joining in

I am looking to get some helps regarding issues as above.

I have networking and IT background so all normal things tried before trying to bother customer services.  However nothing worked, contacted customer services and asked them to reset from their end etc… The guy I spoke with wanted to sell me an appointment for and engineer to come explain WiFi connectivity and relocate my router!

So no help there, investigated myself and discovered my router may be overheating as it’s currently in router mode.  Either that or faulty sensors etc…. However we do experience WiFi issues.  We can also no longer connect via 5GHz channel the option has disappeared. 

After checking community for similar issues and direct message someone who seemed to be dealing with these issues I have now been advised to create another post….

So any help would be greatly appreciated.

Andy

3 REPLIES 3

quiff1
Joining in

It’s meant to say Hub3 not Hub4 

Hello quiff1

Sorry to hear of the hub issues experienced and the red light, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums and welcome to the community.

As you have eluded to in your post, the red light can indicate either overheating or a faulty sensor/LED. We’re eager to assist with this, I will send you a Private Message to get some more details from you so keep an eye out for the envelope in the top right when signed into the forums.

In the meantime, can you ensure the following:

• Turn the power switch off on the back of the Hub.

• Ensure the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location and out of direct sunlight, if possible.

• Switch the hub back on at the power. The Hub should now operate normally.

Thanks

Rob

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @quiff1,

Thank you for coming back to me and Robert via private message and confirming your details. I have now booked you a technician visit for your red light issue – you can check and amend the date and time of your appointment via your online account.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
•    The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.
Please keep us updated on how your appointment goes and if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs