Menu
Barmysharmy55
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

WiFi Hub 3 dropping out

Hi. Can anybody help. 
I have a hub 3 that keeps dropping out and I’m having to restart nearly every day. 
I’ve just signed a new 18 month contract when it stated happening. 
Very disappointed in this. 

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi Hub 3 dropping out

is it just wireless connections that drop out, or both wired and wifi? if you haven't already done so, please test with a device connected to the hub via ethernet..

0 Kudos
Barmysharmy55
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It’s just the WiFi. Ethernet is fine 

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Barmysharmy55 wrote:

It’s just the WiFi. Ethernet is fine 

If everything works ok on ethernet and you're happy with how the connection performs then you have options.. you could buy yourself a decent router/mesh system that will provide reliable wireless connectivity to your house.. 

VM don't guarantee the performance of wifi - as frustrating as it might be - you'll be fighting an uphill struggle with VM to do anything meaningful about it and frankly, even if they do send you a new hub, you'll likely run into the same issues with it now or in the future.  The hub is a poor device, it's a minimal viable product and as VM only guarantee wired speeds, it's fair to assume that a large chunk of the budget that goes into it is spent on making sure that that works as well as possible, with all other features, including wifi, taking a hit.

0 Kudos