Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

WiFi Booster Not Working

Hi Everyone,

I have a WiFi booster that isn’t working. 

I have tried to reconnect the WiFi booster, I have tried to reset the WiFi booster and reinstall everything but no joy. When searching for WiFithe booster is not showing on the list. 

It is powering on ok, connects to the plugged WiFi booster and gets all the settings from HUB but still no joy. 

Has any one had this issue ?

can anyone suggest a solution ?

can anyone help me get in touch with Virgin to solve the issue or get new equipment?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi Booster Not Working

Hi,

What type of booster is it?

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Morning mikeyfin69 

could you tell me what the light status on the booster is - white, red, amber, green, flashing or steady?

also did you do a full factory reset? if so, the boosters would need to be resynced to each other.

you can check out how to do this here:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-booster-troubleshooting

thanks

Rod

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Phil,

It’s a virgin wifi booster. PG-9072LG-VM
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rod,

I have done everything that is listed on the VM website. I have done the factory reset and I have resynced everything, did this twice just to make sure I had done it correctly, Still no joy.

The power light is white and is constantly on.

Thanks

Mike
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

ok if the light is steady white, this then should be connected, 

use a wifi device (phone), search for wifi SSIDs, do you see one that starts with VMP?

if you do, then the booster have not been cloned, as the wifi boosters have there own wifi SSID and password (look on the back of the booster)

cheers

Rod

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

If you was sent the booster by post it will have the same name and password as your current hub so you will not be able to see them, if the white light is on the front of both boosters this means they are connected, make sure the smaller booster is the one plugged into the hub.

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Searched from both my iphone & iPad And it’s not coming up. I know that I am looking for VMP device, the thing I can’t understand is that it’s been working perfectly for the last x amount of months and then the other day nothing.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Phil,

The smaller booster is plugged into the wall and connected to the hub as it should be. The WiFi booster is currently in the same room on an internal wall and I still can’t find it after following all of the VM trouble shooting steps.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

You shouldn't be able to find it as it wont have a different name if it has been sent in the post as it will be the same name and password as your hub so it will not show up in your network list because any device will just see it as the same network.