Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

WiFi Boost

How do I order a wifi booster from Virgin? There is info on the App/Website about boosters, but no link to order one? Many thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi Boost

Not answering that question as such, but just a comment: If you get the booster free as part of your package, by all means try it.  Sometimes they work fine, sometimes they don't, depending on the property.

If you don't get it as part of your package and have to pay the £3 monthly charge then they are outstandingly poor value, and you might want to consider alternative approaches.  For perhaps £40 you could buy your own powerline wifi booster outright, from a reputable brand like TP-Link (although powerline networking always a sometimes-works technology).  Ffity quid buys you the pretty decent Asus RT-AC57U router, and for £70 you could buy a cheap mesh wifi system like the Tenda Nova MW3.  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi stevetongue

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Have you been able to order a booster since your post? If not, fire me over a PM with some details and I can assist furtther.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Thanks for your message.

What information do you require in order to send me a booster?

Many thanks

Steve

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi stevetongue

Im going to send you a PM now with what details we need 

Gareth_L