Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Wi-fi

My wi-fi speed is rubbish should be running at 360 and getting 42. This has been going on for 8 days now. Have a engineer coming Wednesday 18th. My wife is working from home and has lost all of her work and is now having to pair her phone to her laptop. How do I stand with getting some money back for this shabby wi-fi 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wi-fi

VM do not and never have guaranteed Wi-Fi speed or coverage.

The problem with Wi-Fi is that it can be brilliant at breakfast time and useless by lunchtime and you haven't changed anything, BUT, something, somewhere has changed, then you can spend hours and even days trying to find a fix for something that can be totally out of your control.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If you remove all the internal walls, water, electronic and electrical devices, metallic pipes and conduits and wrap the whole building in a thick lead shield you will have a good chance of getting decent Wi-Fi from an ISP Hub.

Just a few things that can affect Wi-Fi in the average home …

Mirrors, furniture, fish tanks, people, radiators, walls (some more than others), cordless phones, baby monitors, microwave ovens, fridges & freezers, TVs, next doors Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi equipment, DAB transmitters, the list is endless.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Many people have accepted that the VM Wi-Fi is poor and have purchased third party equipment that is much, much more powerful than the VM supplied kit and once set up have wondered why they waited for so long.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

So the engineer will be quick because wfi is not supported you think VM go to the trouble to cable your home just so you can have wifi? no so use a cable.

Or if you think you can do better get your own wireless router with 1Gb ports and use the hub in modem mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Cov-City1987 wrote:

My wi-fi speed is rubbish should be running at 360 and getting 42. This has been going on for 8 days now. Have a engineer coming Wednesday 18th. My wife is working from home and has lost all of her work and is now having to pair her phone to her laptop. How do I stand with getting some money back for this shabby wi-fi 

Why do you believe that?

0 Kudos