cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi fi pod keeps disconnecting and flashing white light

coolmd
On our wavelength

So with the help of the community admins I received a pod to help with poor coverage in my house.

The pod appeared to work ok for a few weeks but now for the last week or so it keeps disconnecting and has a flashing white light.

I have moved it and restarted it and rebooted the router to no avail.

The virgin media connect app says I have no pod connected.

Anyone have a solution?

When I reboot it may reconnect for a short time then flashing white light comes back on and again no connection

9 REPLIES 9

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi coolmd 👋

Thanks for your post, and welcome back to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing problems with the WiFi Pod in your home. After taking a look at things on our side, it appears that you've split the bands of your connection, which has caused the Pods to stop working. For the Pods to be usable on your service, it must meet the following criteria:

•    The Hub must be in 'Router Mode' and not have been changed to 'Modem Mode'.

•    Channel Optimisation must be left on.

•    The SSIDs must be the same and broadcast enabled.

•    The SSID must be password protected.

•    The Passphrases of the SSIDs must match.

Can you please try to set your bands back to the same SSID, and reboot the Hub and Pods? This should then reconnect as normal.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

coolmd
On our wavelength

Dear Reece firstly an opology. I have not altered any settings on my router since the pod has been working.

so I set the 5g and 2g ssid to the same and made sure names and passwords are correct. checked the other settings you listed but still no connection to the POD. just flashes either blue or green light and never responds or connects.

My 2 SSID for 2g and 5g have had different names for years and the POD did work for quite awhile now has failed.

This was used mainly to help my security camera at my door and also one perticular bedroom has very poor wifi.

these are now back to pre POD days with very poor signal quality.

Any advice?

Kind regards

Mr M Durrant

coolmd
On our wavelength

Just a further thing.

When i went back into router it refuses to accept changes to SSID it has kept them as they were with one labelled 5g and the other as 2g. passwords are the same etc also I am unable to find the 5g one on the wifi network at all although it is turned on it does not appear to be available for connection

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi coolmd 👋

Thanks for providing an update on this. For clarity, has the SSID on the Hub reverted back to the split 5G and 2G bands? Have you rebooted the Hub since changing and saving the SSIDs on the Hub Settings?

In regard to the light on the Pod, are they slowly, or quickly pulsing/breathing, or are they blinking? Can you let me know what colours you see, and I'll do my best to help?

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

coolmd
On our wavelength

Dear Reece,

The pod breath either blue or green sometimes white.

I had 5g disabled on the hub but whatever i do the 5g will not renable it says it has applied changes when i reenable it but when i then go back into router settings it still shows as disabled.

When the pod had been working perfectly the 5g band was disabled at the time. should i do a factory rebbot of hub and then i will rename my ssids and passwords otherwise i will have to go to all my devices and reset all passwords etc which is a real pain and very long winded.

coolmd
On our wavelength

just as a sidenote none of this conversation appears in my messages at all. i have to keep finding the link you gave me when i asked where your response has gone.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for providing an update, coolmd.

I completely understand the hesitancy with doing a Factory Reset - I would be exactly the same. I'm going to send you a private message, so we can look into this further.

Please look out for my message in the top-right, white envelope or by tapping "Messages" after clicking your profile picture.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

coolmd
On our wavelength

Dear Reece carried out a factory reset and got both 2g and 5g working renamed ssid to my old so all my devices reconnected but pod still going offline breathing green led.

Kind regards

Mark.

Still no message in box from you.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi coolmd 👋

I've resent the private message to you just now, so you should receive it shortly. I'll be able to take a closer look into this for you, there.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team