Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Wi-fi password lockout

So once again, my hub 3 decides it wants to do an update (assuming) and goes down for about 15 mins. Once back, none of my wireless devices can connect, saying wrong password, this includes my PC that is upstairs and runs off wi-fi. 

I’m working from home and this isn’t helping. 

Now I’ve done a factory reset which “fixes” the problem for now, but it also resets security settings, pointless in having them set if I have to wipe them every time my router updates. 

Questions then:

why do you insist on cutting people off in the day time to do an update? 10am this time. Wouldn’t it be a better idea to maybe do it at 3am when it won’t inconvenience anyone?

why does it always need a reset? Why do I have to get on my hands and knees to do something that should work automatically after an update?

are you going to refund my daughters data allowance from her mobile phone? She carried on using her phone last week after an update and didn’t realise she was no longer on wi-fi so used up her data allowance for the month which is set aside for emergency use out side the house?

This always happens at the worst times of day, making working from home a mare.

We have to pay a small fortune to get your internet speeds, we know you have us by the short and curlys because no one else can match your speed but this isn’t an excuse to rip us off with dodgy equipment, and what’s becoming a very unreliable service.

Sort it out please  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wi-fi password lockout

imo theres something else happening here - afaik there have been no updates to the hub3 for quite a while - certainly not 2 in a week or so if any at all - add to that a firmware update does not reset the hub and reset all your settings - so there looks to be a fault - VM may take the easy route and change the hub to see if that solves it - wait for them to get to the thread

in the mean time

log into hub3 - 192.168.0.1 [or 192.168.100.1 if in modem mode] - DON'T SIGN IN, click - click router status [centre of screen] - and post the downstream and upstream figures - to see those press on the grey buttons/boxes labeled - upstream - downstream

Tony
0 Kudos