cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-fi drops ethernet ok

peel
Tuning in

Hi,

my wi-fi drops but a hard wired pc is ok. I seem to have a strong wi-fi connection but do not seem to be connected to the internet. I can connect to another wireless access point with a weaker signal via the hub and connect to the internet straight away. if I go back to the hub 3 i can then connect back to the internet. This happens with other wireless devices as well. any advice would be appreciated. thanks. 

27 REPLIES 27

Hi there @Sephiroth

Thank you for your post. We recommend reboots as these can allow the Hub to update any ne your firmware and improve the connection and performance of the Hub. 

If we can see the Hub has been online for a long time then will recommend a full factory reset to see if this can allow the Hub to update and improve. 

Thank you. 

@Ashleigh_C

Thank you for the trouble taken to to @ me.
Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

how often do i need to reboot? do i need a timer or something? surely updates would happen automatically? i’ve rebooted several times since the start of this thread and the problem still eesists. i was wondering iff it could be some kind of conflict with a neighbour’s virgin extender? 

1. my wi-fi is connected with good signal but nothing happens, no internet. 

2.I can go on a hard wired connection or hard wired extender, they work. My hard wired extender has been here before the issues and is due to be removed so it’s not that. 

I think the issues are with the hub. Please can this be fixed?

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

My hub has been on for so long over 500 days that the uptime reset and it at 13 days and my BQM shows no reboot as well as the hub logs show nothing...thats disappointing they only made the uptime go upto around 500 days 😣

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hey peel, thank you for reaching back out, I am sorry you are having some issues with your router still.

I have done some checks and I cannot see any issues at all everything is looking prefect, if it's working on a wired connection this means the external connection is working as it should.

Have you downloaded the Virgin Connect App to see if you need a WiFi pod or anything the boost the signal? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

I think that may help as the hub is at the back of the house. I have noticed that my new neighbour has a VM extender. I wonder if this interferes somehow?

Is it obvious how to apply for an extender from the app?

Thanks

Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Have you read this article?

https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/intelligent-wifi

I'll say up front that my system is in modem mode and I have my own router. But my understanding is that VM have improved their Intelligent WiFi product although I'm not sure that user devices are all very happy with the potential channel changes.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

Hey peel, thank you for reaching back out.

The pod would not interfere with you connection, so please don't worry.

However I can help you order a pod, depending what package you are on some could be chargeable.

I will send you a PM, please look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?