Menu
DTees
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Wi-fi dropping out and 2.4ghz light not on. SuperHub 2.

My SuperHub 2 seems to drop WiFi connection at times and the 2.4ghz light has stopped working. It is very difficult to get to talk to the Virgin team about getting a replacement. I have spoken to someone twice in the last year and was told I could have a replacement but that hasn't happened. I just keep going round the same loop. The internet connection says it is fine but I think it is also affecting our Hive heating. I have disconnected our 2 Alexa devices and our Hive hub to set them back up and I have reset the SuperHub 2 plenty of times like the website keeps suggesting.

How do I get a replacement especially as I don't think our service deserves the extra monthly increase!!!

Don't keep offering improvements only to increase the price soon after!!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wi-fi dropping out and 2.4ghz light not on. SuperHub 2.

@DTees wrote:

My SuperHub 2 seems to drop WiFi connection at times and the 2.4ghz light has stopped working. It is very difficult to get to talk to the Virgin team about getting a replacement. I have spoken to someone twice in the last year and was told I could have a replacement but that hasn't happened. I just keep going round the same loop. The internet connection says it is fine but I think it is also affecting our Hive heating. I have disconnected our 2 Alexa devices and our Hive hub to set them back up and I have reset the SuperHub 2 plenty of times like the website keeps suggesting.

How do I get a replacement especially as I don't think our service deserves the extra monthly increase!!!

The hive hub connects via Ethernet not Wifi so shouldn’t be affected by the Wifi dropping out.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
carl_pearce
Superstar
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@DTees wrote:

You need to try the lines when they open at 8am.

Some say that the older HUBs are actually better than the newer HUB 3 and HUB 4, it's just unfortunate that they eventually break!

If you are willing to outlay a budget you could keep your existing HUB, put it into modem mode, and use your own router.

DTees
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gary yes I do know that but I think the hub is failing as both seem to be having a problem.

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

HI DTees, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are having issues with the service and we want to get things resolved. I will send you a private message so that we can look into things further for you. Chris

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi DTees, thanks for the message and we are happy to see that this is on the way to getting resolved. Please let us know how it goes. Chris 

0 Kudos
DTees
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. That's great. I'll let you know how things go.

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

No worries, have a good day. Chris.