cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi fi download speeds

jackydog
Tuning in

What sort of wifi download speeds should i expect to get with m250 broadband?
Mine seem to vary even in the same location.I have an old hub3.

12 REPLIES 12

Client62
Legend

A Hub 3 is very easily able to deliver the M250 (or the M600) service.
The speed over the Wi-Fi is largely dependent on the abilities of your laptop / mobile.

Speed test the service to a Router mode Hub(3/4/5) + your device with the link below.
https://www.samknows.com/realspeed/

Once the test begins click on: Run full test to see all the stats.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

@Client62 wrote:

The speed over the Wi-Fi is largely dependent on the abilities of your laptop / mobile.

...or the hub being bad

---------------------------------------------------------------

jackydog
Tuning in

I rang customer services and was basically fobbed off. I was offered pods for £8 a month! When I told them I was a customer since 2020 and I was not prepared to pay any extra they said they would run some tests and phone me back.I told them that any tests they might do would be inconclusive as the speed fluctuates and anyway my router was over 5 years old but I was not offered an upgrade.Not happy

jackydog
Tuning in

Any response from Virgin please??

Client62
Legend

What does the Realspeed test show ?

jackydog
Tuning in

Virgin app.ookla realspeed its all the same sort of thing-varies quite widely.Looks like I'll have to ring again and try a different tack-perhaps retentions?

The site that was linked to earlier checks the speed to the HUB over the VM network:

https://www.samknows.com/realspeed/

Hey jackydog,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your WiFi download speeds at the moment. I have looked into this on our system and you will need a technician visit to resolve the issues with your router. I can arrange the appointment from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment. Please look out for the private message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

jackydog
Tuning in

• cant you just  give me a new router as I must be due for one ?