cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi fi connection

Robmorland
Joining in

hi 

I have a two bedroom bungalow and the wi fi signal keeps dropping out when in the bedrooms. The distance to the router is minimal, I need to get Wi-Fi extenders from Virgin but they make it difficult. How can I order these? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

We have a Hub 3 in Router mode + 2 WiFi Access Points to cover a large 4 bed house.

Before the Access Points were added we often saw WiFi devices being their own worst enemy and connecting to the Hub at 5GHz when the distance / number of solid walls was too much for a reliable connection.  In these situations the use of the greater coverage from the 2.4Ghz band often provided a more robust signal that was plenty fast enough for a TV to stream a film or for a mobile device to operate on.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Client62
Hero

Here is a WiFi extender that is easy to acquire ...

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/2801939?clickSR=slp:term:wifi%20repeater:4:214:1

Robmorland
Joining in

The routers just aren’t good enough. I have a small two bed bungalow and I need at least 2 wi fi extenders, that is not acceptable surely? Am I the only customer with this fault? 

We have a Hub 3 in Router mode + 2 WiFi Access Points to cover a large 4 bed house.

Before the Access Points were added we often saw WiFi devices being their own worst enemy and connecting to the Hub at 5GHz when the distance / number of solid walls was too much for a reliable connection.  In these situations the use of the greater coverage from the 2.4Ghz band often provided a more robust signal that was plenty fast enough for a TV to stream a film or for a mobile device to operate on.