Menu
Settling in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Wi fi booster

Like many people here, I'm suffering from poor connection throughout the house and even more frustrating trying to get it sorted via Virgin!! My whole house is a black spot...I only really have one room that gets a decent signal...when doing the suggested scan throughout the house, its suggested to me that i need to order a booster.

I have a Full House /M200 fibre BB/Talk Weekends.

How can I order?

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Wi fi booster

Boosters are only free for those with Gig1 and/or a Hub4.

You'd do better putting that cost towards your own better wireless equipment

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Wi fi booster

Current policy is that unless you've got a Hub 4 you'll have to rent the boosters.  Not only is the rental poor value (roughly the same cost per year as buying your own outright), but a solitary booster is unlikely to fix an "entire house black spot".  Assuming you are confident that your cable connection is fast, reliable and low latency, then your best option is probably to buy yourself a mesh wifi system and put the hub in modem mode.  A decent entry level mesh system will set you around a hundred quid, for example this, which is the system I use.  Plenty of other choices if you prefer, just make sure that whatever you buy has gigabit ethernet ports, otherwise the performance will be throttled at 100 Mbps between the hub and the primary mesh unit.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks