Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Wi fi Booster issues

Moved in 12 months ago and after some initial teething problems got hub and wifi boosters set up, although speeds have dropped recently. The current issue is that from about a month ago the following started. Every morning I loose both wifi and hardwired internet from the receiver booster, I have to reset (switch off and on. ) the receiver booster to  re enable the internet connection and the wifi connection. Once this has been done to works fine till the following morning.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wi fi Booster issues

Hi NW151

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to see that you've been kept waiting for a response, and that you've been experiencing an intermittent connection with the services.

I've looked at the stats of the hub and everything appears to be in spec. Are you still experiencing the connection issues?

I can see that hours after your post, we spoke to you and sent a hit to your hub, has this resolve the issues?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

No problem with the hub, I continually have to reset the wifi extender in my office every morning to reinstate the wifi and internet connection. I have requested a replacement extender to prove a point but as yet have had no response back from virgin on this - very poor, slow service even under the current circumstances.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Wifi speeds and connectivity aren't guaranteed, especially through (subpar) powerline boosters.

You would be better off sourcing your own equipment.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Has been working perfectly up until about a month ago. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for the response NW151

Can you tell me if you've been able to reset the boosters and then reconnect the booster to the Wi-Fi whilst in the same room as the hub? 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Any number of things can stop them working properly

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Over the weekend , I have reset all boosters, repaired the boosters and rebooted the hub, 

I am still having issues now mainly with the hardwired internet connection which keeps dropping out. if I reset the booster, I do get connections back.

currently working but not sure how long this will last?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Does anything else wired directly to the hub (not the boosters) also lose its connection?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Not to my knowledge.

0 Kudos