cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi

Chrisfalcon
Joining in

Hello so I’m new to virgin haven’t had it before so my self set up box came yesterday night plugged all in correct all is fine then the flashing green starts to happen so I’ve read it’s updating. So I left it and till about 9 still was flashing gave it another hour still flashing so I did the hard restart and went to bed woke up this morning still just flashing green I have the green internet light that’s on but the main light at the bottom won’t got that solid white when done so I don’t know what’s the problem with it I did only get a message saying my kit is activated this morning.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Call the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734 8AM- 9PM Monday - Friday or 8AM-6PM Saturday and Sunday and explain the issue.

Sounds like the cable is disconnected somewhere along the line, possibly in the street cabinet.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Call the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734 8AM- 9PM Monday - Friday or 8AM-6PM Saturday and Sunday and explain the issue.

Sounds like the cable is disconnected somewhere along the line, possibly in the street cabinet.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yeah I tried to call and got sent a link to test so I did it told me to take out the wires and everything put them back in restart the box basically then it ask me to re test then it said looks like there’s a problem please book a engineer so waiting on one to come out now thank you probably that is the problem thank you

Hi @Chrisfalcon 

Thanks for posting, welcome to both the community and indeed Virgin Media 🙂 sorry to hear of the self-install issue however, appreciate how disappointing this must be. I can see from a system check, we've got an engineer visit to attend, please do let us know how that visit goes.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill